- GIC commissioners have given provisional approval to the following changes for non-Medicare plans:
- Increase deductibles from $300 to $500 for individuals and from $900 to $1,000 for families; eliminate the lower deductibles for two-member families. Deductibles for Fallon Health Direct Care rise to $550 for individual plans ad $1,100 for family plans.
- Add a prescription drug deductible of $100 for an individual and $200 for a family.
- Freeze enrollment in the Tufts Navigator and Fallon Health Select Care plans and continue to freeze enrollment in the Harvard Pilgrim Independence Plan.
- Increase co-pays for visits to primary-care physicians.
- We need STORIES and TESTIMONY that reflect these messages:
- Cost increases are being unfairly shifted to employees and retirees.
- These increases will have a big impact on early-career educators who are at the lower end of pay scales, etc.
- Retirees are on fixed incomes.
- Increasing out-of-pocket costs may discourage some from seeking care when necessary.
NON-TENURED AND TENURED FACULTY IN AN EVALUATION YEAR – The tabulated data from the Fall 2016 student evaluations for full-time faculty in an evaluation year should have been distributed to faculty by January 23 and these student evaluations will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor in the summary evaluations on February 1. The student evaluation process is a stand alone evaluation and no decile rankings, department averages, division averages, and college averages are allowed. If your summary evaluation and/or student evaluation comments include any comparative analysis, please contact your chapter leadership so they can pursue an individual or chapter grievance.
10.06 If a faculty member is offered and accepts a course which is subsequently cancelled, there will be no break in previously accrued seniority or credit towards eligibility for reappointment. If such course is canceled within seven (7) calendar days prior to the first scheduled class for the assigned course, the instructor shall receive two hundred and twenty-five dollars ($225); provided however, there shall be only one cancellation fee paid for multiple sections of the same subject.
A ‘calendar day’ is defined in this context as the 24-hour period from midnight to midnight. For the purposes of calculating the ‘seven (7) calendar days’ cancellation period, Day 1 shall be the day of the first scheduled class of the assigned course. Example: If a class was first scheduled to meet on a Tuesday, the notice of cancellation of the course on the previous Wednesday or later would necessitate the payment of the cancellation fee.
Workload Computation Forms – At the end of the drop/add period, workload computation forms are developed and faculty instructional and non-instructional workloads are determined.
The President or the president’s designee shall at the end of the “add/drop” period of each semester compute the actual instructional workload for each full-time faculty member according to the workload formulas. The President or the President’s designee will, on basis of the faculty member’s instructional and reassigned workload:
- Reduce the non-instructional workload in writing proportionately for any faculty member whose instructional and reassigned hours per week exceeds thirty-one (31) instructional and reassigned hours for faculty teaching only didactic courses or thirty-four (34) or more instructional and reassigned hours for faculty teaching other than only didactic courses; OR
- Determine in writing after discussing alternativeswith the affected faculty members whose load is below the twenty-nine (29) instructional and reassigned hour minimum (see alternatives – p. 4 of attachment).
Since preparation time and contact time have changed to give faculty more credit under the new contract, faculty should request their Workload Computation Form and review the pdf document attached for compliance. The Workload Computation Form is due at the end of the drop/add period each semester.
The new Workload Computation Form is also attached.
MCCC Grievance Coordinator
170 Beach Road #52
Salisbury, MA 01952email email@example.com