Please Distribute to all FT Unit Members:
We are approaching the last day of classes and college service and advising forms are due.
College Service – FT Faculty – On the last day of classes, it is required that all full-time faculty submit College Service Activities (Form XIII-E5). On October 15, 2011, faculty submitted a list of college service activities (upper part of this form under #1). In the middle of the form under #2, faculty should list the activities with specific date(s) of participation (if applicable). The “if applicable” language applies to activities that are on-going during a semester and no specific date can be determined. In the lower part of the form under #3, a few immediate supervisors have requested documentation that evidences participation in the college service activities. If this request was made, it should have been done at the beginning of the semester in order to give faculty time to compile documentation as the activity is performed. College service activities include:
- Serving as advisor to student activities;
- Serving on governance, ad hoc, college standing committees, system-wide task forces or committees, or labor-management committees;
- Preparing grant proposals;
- Participating in college, division, department or other related college meetings and/or activities;
- Participation in the improvement and development of academic programs and resources, including recruitment.
- Serving as a department chair/coordinator pursuant to Article XX and college-wide coordinators.
If faculty received reassigned time to perform non-instructional activities such as curriculum development, department chair work, professional development activities, or administrative (non-managerial) duties, then these activities should be listed on the College Service Activities (Form XIII-E5). If there is a report associated with the above-referenced activity, then the report should be attached to the College Service Activities (Form XIII-E5).
Instructional Work -If faculty received reassigned time to perform individualized instruction and/or tutoring services, then these activities should be incorporated in the workload calculations on the Workload Form under the section for Instructional hours for individualized instruction. Individualized instruction and/or tutoring can be performed in faculty offices or in learning centers.
Student Advising – FT Faculty – On the last day of classes, full-time faculty are required to submit a Student Advisement Log – Form XIII-E4 including student’s name, program, date of conference, and recommendation/purpose.
College Service – FT Professional Staff – The professional staff College Service Activities – Form XIII-E5 is due by December 30 and May 30. These college service activities should have been incorporated in the E-7 form that is completed on July 1 of each year. The contractual list of college service activities is:
1. Service as advisor for college-approved student activities;
2. Service on governance, ad hoc, college standing committees, system-wide task forces or committees; or labor-management committees;
3. Preparing grant proposals;
4. Participating in college, division, department or other related college meetings and/or activities as the President of the College or the President’s designee may deem appropriate;
5. Participation in the improvement and development of academic programs and resources, including recruitment.
Student Advising – FT Professional Staff – Student advising could be part of a professional staff workload and E-7 if appropriate by inclusion in the list of responsibilities in the classification specifications for the professional staff title. The Student Advisement Log – Form XIII-E4 if appropriately assigned is due on December 30 and May 30 each year.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
MCCC Grievance Coordinator
170 Beach Road #52